Turkey Hill operates more than 200 fuel depots and convenience stores spread across Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Ohio. The Kroger subsidiary, also known as Minit Markets, offers solid career opportunities as well as many opportunities for entry-level employment.
Facts About Working at Turkey Hill
Minimum Age to Work at Turkey Hill: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work in Turkey Hill?)
Turkey Peak Working Hours: Open 24 hours 7 days a week
Positions Available at Turkey Hill: Cashier, Gas Station Attendant, Maintenance
TurkeyHill Job Opportunities
The growing apparel retailer employs thousands of workers. Gas stations, often used for interim hours, have traditionally had high employee turnover rates, which regularly create new job opportunities. The retail chain, where many locations are open 24 hours a day, offers employees the advantages of flexible planning. However, candidates with open program availability are preferred over other contenders, as most new hires work a combination of nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to traditional daylight hours. Entry-level gas station jobs continue to serve as ideal opportunities for both busy students and new employees looking to transform valuable experiences into professional careers.
Turkey Hill prefers candidates with a high school diploma, customer service experience and stable work history. However, the minimum hiring age of 18 is the only real prerequisite for candidates. Prospective partners should possess a number of characteristics, including interpersonal skills, that rank as arguably the most important quality that impacts most, if not all, of their job offers. Full and part-time openings remain highly available and often come with a chance of promotion and increased pay at the end.
Turkey Top Jobs and Compensation
As retail stores focus on a customer-friendly atmosphere, the scope of responsibility of customer service representatives remains broad. Cashiers perform many other duties in addition to completing customer purchases. Most positions require the physical fitness necessary to stand and walk for long periods of time and the strength to withstand the varying temperatures inside and outside the store. The most common locations for the gas station chain are listed below:
- Sales associates operate cash registers, money orders and lottery terminals.
- The convenience chain requires employees to maintain a positive attitude to optimize the customer experience, perform required tasks safely and properly, and have a lifting capacity of up to 35 pounds.
- During slower periods with fewer customers, workers should guard the bathrooms as well as the coffee bars.
- In general, employees can expect additional daily duties that include refilling coolers and other products, as well as ensuring trash cleanup.
- Pay rates for most salespeople start at minimum wage and can go up to $9.00 per hour.
- Experienced gas station workers with an unwavering work ethic and commitment to customer service are capable of earning $30,000 to $50,000 per year salary options as store managers overseeing store activities to maintain a profitable environment.
- General managers remain responsible for hiring staff, ordering products, and establishing corporate sales policies.
- For many employees, promotion to assistant manager proves the only way to reach the store manager position.
- Assistant admin roles include affiliate roles and admin roles as needed.
- The assistant position bids between $10.00 and $14.00 an hour.
Tips for Applying
Job seekers can complete the application process online or in person. Internet applications prompt users to create basic profiles, which typically take around 30 minutes to complete. With an online profile, employees can apply to many different stores with one click. If applicants choose to apply in person, bringing a reference list and work history often saves time. Whether you’re applying in person or online, speaking briefly with the hiring manager over the phone or face to face provides the best chance of recruiting.
Upon submission of the application, recruiters view the information and usually contact selected applicants within two weeks. Some candidates experience a faster process, and a select handful of candidates may even receive job offers on the spot when applying in person. Generally, successful former applicants recommend calling the hiring manager to express their appreciation for the employment opportunity, as the venture demonstrates determination and often leaves a memorable impression on the manager.
Benefits of Working at Turkey Hill
While some convenience chains provide little or no employee benefits, Turkey Hill is committed to providing full employment benefits to eligible employees. Full-time workers can take advantage of employment benefits packages that include:
- teeth and
- Vision insurance as well as paid leave and company stock purchase plans
Additional job benefits include 401(k) retirement plans, group insurance rates, and tuition reimbursement. Employees in market places can also get discounts on goods.
More About Turkey Hill
To promote clean energy, the company maintains a pair of wind turbines at its dairy warehouse in Pennsylvania. The turbines generate enough energy to supply about 25 percent of the annual electricity demand of in-building operations. In line with energy efficiency principles, the retail chain has also developed a steam gas-to-electric plant that provides up to 75 percent power to the warehouse. The innovation won the US EPA Landfill Methane Project Award of the Year in 2006.