A grocery store committed to saving its customers time, Royal Farms assembles teams of hard-working partners to serve guests quickly and courteously. With gas stations in the mid-Atlantic, the company serves as an ideal employer for fast-paced job seekers on the East Coast.
Facts About Working on Royal Farms
Minimum Age to Work on Royal Farms: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Royal Farms?)
Royal Farms Hours of Operation: Open 24 hours 7 days a week
Positions Available at Royal Farms: Team Member, Food Service Specialist, Customer Service Officer, Maintenance Officer, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Royals Farms Job Opportunities
To fulfill the company’s mission to be the best, the market hires the best and smartest people. Past work experience lags behind having the right attitude when the company is evaluating candidates. The gas station chain believes that its best applicants embody the company’s core values of respect, customer orientation, integrity and continuous improvement. Always looking for the right people, Royal Farms accepts applications year-round and attends dozens of job fairs each month.
The chain prides itself on a retention culture and operations on employee growth. Hired employees enjoy smooth transitions into roles through supportive training and ongoing coaching and encouragement. Continuous advancement opportunities keep employees engaged in the job and the company never limits the career advancement potential for committed employees.
Royal Farms Positions and Salary Information
Every grocery store offers numerous entry-level opportunities in customer service and meal preparation. Part-time jobs offer workers a maximum of 25 hours per week. Candidates interested in full-time positions should pursue management roles. Most part-time jobs require employees to be a minimum age of 16 to qualify for employment. Candidates must be over 18 to access management roles.
Customer Service Specialist
- Customer service workers primarily work on POS systems located at the front of stores.
- Basic duties include greeting customers, scanning merchandise, and handling various forms of payment.
- Business environments are fast in most cases and employees need to perform their duties effectively in busy customer service situations.
- During downtime, customer service workers perform basic cleaning, sanitation, and garbage removal.
- Workers also stock goods and assist customers on fuel islands as needed.
- Before starting or finishing a shift, the customer service worker must collect and verify the currency and number of coins in a cash drawer.
- To properly perform the duties of the job, an employee must have basic mathematical and communication skills.
- Customer service workers typically earn around $8.50 per hour at the weekly wage.
Food Service partner
- Food service workers work in the restaurant areas of grocery stores.
- Staff provide friendly and efficient customer service so guests can enjoy fine dining on the go.
- To ensure customers receive food quickly, food service workers must prepare items in less than four minutes.
- Food safety remains a top priority, and food service workers must continually monitor and maintain proper food temperatures, as well as record and track food on spoilage sheets.
- Common cleaning tasks such as wiping surfaces and mopping floors should also be done regularly.
- The job involves performing certain physical tasks, such as standing and bending over constantly, rarely lifting up to 50 pounds, and working in coolers and freezers.
- Hourly wages for food service partners range from the minimum wage to about $9.00.
Tips for Applying
To expedite the evaluation process, applicants should search for suitable jobs online. The online application asks for basic information such as social security number, address, employment history, and legal eligibility to work in the United States. Applicants also face questions specific to the desired position. For example, a prospective food service worker might ask, “Can you get in and work in a cooler with a temperature of 35 degrees?” You may need to answer questions such as: and “Can you tolerate exposure to cleaning products?” Candidates must answer the questions truthfully and to the best of their personal knowledge. Following the standard application, candidates must complete pre-employment tests that typically include basic math questions that involve calculating prices. There is no time limit on the test, so candidates should take time to answer the questions. If necessary, applicants should use a calculator to calculate answers. Since the test prohibits applicants from returning to previous pages, candidates should double-check answers before continuing.
After submitting the application and waiting a few days, the applicant should call the store where the desired employment is located, ask to meet with a manager and inquire about the application status. The online evaluation process can take some time and store managers may not immediately know the status of the candidate. Regardless, candidates should use the opportunity to connect with managers and demonstrate passion for potential jobs. If, after calling the store, he is still unsure of the application status, the applicant can send an inquiry to the official staff email address of the company. Applicants can also inquire about their application status from the Employment Application Questions section on the official website. The form also allows applicants to ask general questions about their employment or evaluation process. Job seekers can also direct all their questions to the official phone number on the company’s website.
Benefits of Working on Royal Farms
Along with competitive wages, the gas station chain offers benefits packages to improve employee health, happiness and financial security. Full-time employees who work at least 30 hours a week can receive comprehensive health insurance after three months of employment. Hourly non-exempt workers may qualify for health insurance after six months of continuous employment.
- The chain of convenience stores that assist with employee retirement offers a 401(k) retirement plan with company compliance up to 3%.
- To qualify for 401(k) plans, partners must be a minimum of 21 years old, complete one year of service, and work 1,000 hours per year.
- The company also offers health benefits such as vacation days, time of death, and maternity leave.
To thank employees for their overtime service, the market offers additional compensation to all employees who do vacation work.
More About Royal Farms
More than a place to refuel, Royal Farms stays open round the clock so customers can grab quick snacks or enjoy full meals. The fuel retailer has been offering real food to people on the go since 1959. The chain proudly presents the Famous Royal Farms Chicken, a lightly breaded, pressure-cooked delicacy with zero trans fat. Customers also enjoy hand-cut fries, custom-made sandwiches and wraps made with the freshest ingredients. For the morning commute, the grocery store offers breakfast sandwiches that can include eggs, cheese, ham, bacon, sausage, or steak on a croissant. The chain also offers freshly brewed 100% Colombian coffee.