Mobil operates as part of ExxonMobil, the global oil company that dominates much of the US gas station industry and provides thousands of employment opportunities to interested job seekers.
The Facts About Working on Mobile
Minimum Age to Work on Mobile: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work in mobile?)
Mobile Working Hours: Open 24 hours 7 days a week
Positions Available on Mobile: Gas Station Attendant, Maintenance Technician, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Process Technician, Electrician, Instrumentation Technician, Laboratory Technician, Machinist, Repairman, Production Technician, Administrative Assistant, Accountant, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources Manager
Mobile Employment Opportunities
A typical Mobil gas station worker works part-time, performing corrective, entry-level duties. Because work environments require moderate physical labor and regular interaction with the general public, applicants must have excellent stamina and solid customer service skills. Many of the positions available at the average gas station also involve the sale of company products, including oils, filters, and replacement car parts. Some basic information about cars can increase the probability of employment; however, no experience is required for most entry-level roles.
The most common trait mobile hiring managers look for in new employees includes open programs. Gas stations stay open until late at night, sometimes working 24 hours a day. Employees must have the ability to fill vacant positions in the program as needed, which may include late night, morning, afternoon or evening shifts. Locations can assign week-to-week hours for employees. Some positions may recruit full-time team members in addition to full-time management careers.
Mobile Jobs and Salary Information
Flexible scheduling and advancement opportunities are among the job benefits available through Mobil gas station jobs. The national chain is constantly recruiting new employees and filling vacancies in the US with motivated and dedicated candidates. Candidates aged 18 and over can begin the recruitment process for the following positions:
- Sales and customer service are among the primary responsibilities of Mobile station attendants.
- The gas station seeks to hire alert, motivated, and reliable people who can sometimes maintain long, irregular hours and interact with all types of customers consistently with professionalism and courtesy.
- Job seekers often face little or no requirements for station attendant jobs other than the ability to take on varied and flexible schedules.
- Job duties include operating cash registers, stocking products, unloading shipments, repairing and maintaining facilities and equipment, and recording sales data.
- Officers also serve as troubleshooting resources for customers and travelers.
- Pay scales are par with industry standards, ranging from the minimum wage to $9.00 per hour for entry-level workers.
- Each location has teams of supervisors to ensure operations and proper company protocol.
- Shift leaders and store managers perform a variety of administrative roles and supervisory functions.
- Typical responsibilities include motivating entry-level staff, reporting sales data, processing and scheduling payroll, coordinating product shipments, opening and closing procedures, hiring and training workers, and protecting against theft or abuse.
- Relevant experience and excellent organizational skills remain essential for employment.
- Store managers often need high school diplomas or equivalent to recruit.
- Shift managers can earn between $10.00 and $11.00 per hour.
- Gas station managers typically earn an annual salary of $30,000 to $40,000.
Tips for Applying
Much of the hiring thinking comes from face-to-face interactions with managers. Job seekers should always demonstrate professionalism and courtesy, from submitting employment forms to arranging job interviews and formally meeting with management. The gas station chain places great value on building positive relationships with customers and creating a courteous, polite and helpful interface. Previous customer service experience or volunteer work in team settings can demonstrate solid communication skills, if any. Expressing open presence and providing reliable evidence of transportation often helps prospective partners as well.
The mobile application process usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes to complete. Workers can complete and submit recruitment forms online or in person. Delivering documents in person allows applicants to directly inform management about next steps in the hiring process. In total, most job seekers wait about a week to hear about jobs from desired locations. Communication can take place by phone or e-mail, and most communication takes place over the phone. Workers can also call or email any location to check their application status at any time. Be sure to contact locations during off-peak business hours to avoid disturbing or disturbing managers.
Benefits of Working on Mobile
Part-time jobs available through mobile gas stations provide flexible working hours, competitive pay and short-term employment opportunities. Workers also have access to job benefits packages. Qualified workers receive healthcare options:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- retirement plans and
- Life insurance
Educational assistance, adoption assistance, counseling, permits, and volunteer engagement programs also remain available as part of corporate-sponsored business assistance packages.
Additional Information About Mobile
Mobil, in partnership with Apple, sponsors a mobile app that lets customers find nearby gas station locations. The app downloads directly to user devices and shows available locations relative to the nearest store. The app, called Fuel Finder, remains available for download online via the Apple Store or Google Play. Customers can also access a web-based version of the application via their home computers or laptops.