Regional fuel station chain Holiday Station refueling offers thousands of opportunities for entry-level business and professional careers through nearly 400 locations. Applicants may find suitable jobs in customer service or management.
Facts About Working at Holiday Station
Minimum Age to Work at the Holiday Station: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Holiday Station?)
Holiday Station Working Hours: Open 24 hours 7 days a week
Positions Available at Holiday Station: Salesperson, Cashier, Assistant Manager, Night Manager, Manager, General Manager, Petrol Driver
Vacation Station Job Opportunities
Most Holiday Station locations operate in the American Midwest and Plains regions. The chain also operates in the Northwest, including stores in Alaska, which provides nationwide accessibility to viable employment options. A national presence and widespread locations provide both brand awareness and regular vacancies for business. The chain primarily focuses on business in congested areas or designates locations along busy or frequented highways. Common job duties for associates include assisting customers and passengers in addition to general station maintenance and upkeep. Different settings for most gas stations may require the ability to speak multiple languages or interact with different demographics, always respectfully and professionally.
Applicants must remain willing to work nights, weekends and holidays and maintain irregular hours. Employees regularly spend long hours without customer interaction, followed by hours of continuous public confrontation. Peak travel times, such as rush hour and holiday traffic, often increase interaction with customers. The average gas station worker begins with part-time programs and progresses to full-time programs with experience gained. Holiday Station primarily uses the recruitment process to screen for entry-level positions; however, administrative roles also become available on a regular basis.
Vacation Station Employment and Wage Scales Information
Minimum requirements for Holiday Station positions include meeting a minimum age of 18, being able to move up to 60lbs comfortably, and the ability to communicate effectively. Positions in management often require applicants to have additional qualifications such as previous experience and solid organizational skills. Job details are listed below.
- The most accessible positions available to entry-level applicants, salesperson jobs serve multiple roles at every gas station.
- As entry-level sales associates, workers take on responsibilities for stock, customer service, and cash registers.
- Pay starts at minimum wage and drops between $8.00 and $9.00 with experience.
- Some crafting usually takes place during any given shift and may include working in freezers or heated storage areas.
- Job seekers must have friendly, responsible and reliable personalities to work as Holiday Station sales associates.
- Workers who take on night manager positions must deal with all aspects of operations, including inventory, sales, customer service, maintenance and bookkeeping.
- The job offers night hours and requires individuals with high school diplomas or GEDs, deadline-driven personalities, and proficient abilities to perform light to moderate manual labor as required.
- Night managers often fill full-time vacancies and oversee lower, entry-level employees.
- Management also takes responsibility for guarding against theft and reconciling cash drawers.
- The closing protocol, if any, falls under the jurisdiction of the night managers.
- Pay for night managers starts at around $10.00 per hour, or just under $20,000 per year.
Store Manager/Assistant Manager
- Job titles that fall under the different categorization of store manager and assistant manager primarily have full-time hours and often set schedules.
- Key tasks performed by both managerial roles range from sales to hiring and training new partners and taking inventory, balancing cash drawers, reporting sales, supervising entry-level personnel, and providing proper protocol for food processing.
- Holiday Station encourages applicants to have previous and relevant experience in retail management, gas station management or leadership positions.
- Effective communicators and people who can do manual labor in various capacities also receive preferential treatment in the recruitment process.
- Assistant managers earn roughly the same annual salary options as night managers, and salary scales drop to around $10.00 or $11.00 with experience.
- Store managers and executive interns who maintain for full store supervisory roles earn between $35,000 and $50,000 per year.
Tips for Applying
Many gas station locations that fall into Holiday Station ownership vary by location due to franchising, which can cause the hiring process to vary slightly from store to store. The leading, nationwide chain can provide an online platform for interested candidates to search for jobs and submit applications; however, prospective employees should visit the storefronts in person to learn more about potential demographics, business environment and potential co-workers. Personally handing over employment forms to hiring managers also demonstrates commitment and seriousness in your commitment to applying for employment and potentially joining existing staff. The online application takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes to complete and consists of seven parts. Employees should devote sufficient time to completing the online form to ensure the accuracy of the document.
The application process for Holiday Station jobs begins online or in person. Employees can access the application in the form of paper documents from the company’s career page or directly from the managers. Candidates who choose to use online methods can upload their resumes or used LinkedIn profiles to supplement information and speed up the overall process. After submitting an online application, a prospective employee usually only waits a day or two to hear from a hiring manager. Both recruitment form submission methods yield roughly the same response time. Applicants can check-in wherever they want if after a week there is no communication by phone or email. The longest applicants reported waiting for contact from recruiters, spanning about two weeks. Job seekers waiting for more than a week should call their preferred stores and inquire about the status of their recruitment forms.
Benefits of Working at a Vacation Station
Holiday Station cares about employees and offers comprehensive and highly inclusive business assistance packages. Part-time associates in limited, entry-level roles are eligible for employment benefits such as:
- Scholarship eligibility
- Gas and goods discounts
- Twice vacation pay
- paid vacation
- 401(k) retirement plans
- profit sharing programs and
- Flexible spending accounts
Full-time employees also receive sick days, vacation days, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, and disability insurance. Flexible schedules and competitive pay complement the job benefits available to eligible employees and also offer opportunities for career advancement. Availability of job benefits may vary by location.
More about Holiday Station
While the gas station chain operates in about 400 locations, Holiday Station only manages about 300 stores from the company’s corporate offices. The remaining 100 locations come under the control of individual, independent owners through franchising. Much of the growth the chain has experienced over the past decade is a direct result of aggressive corporate franchising campaigns. Franchisors are constantly opening new locations in existing or expanding markets, which drives the success of the gas station chain and opens the business to continued expansion in the near and foreseeable future.