76 creates jobs throughout an extensive network of gas filling stations. The American oil chain offers stable employment options for individuals who aspire to a customer service job in the fuel industry. Entry-level job seekers enjoy favorable recruitment opportunities at the company.
76 Facts About Working at a Gas Station
76 Minimum Age to Work at a Gas Station: 18 years old (76 How old do you have to be to work at a gas station?)
76 Gas Station Working Hours: Open 24 hours 7 days a week
Available Positions at 76 Gas Stations: Sales Manager, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Maintenance Officer
76 Employment Opportunities
Founded in 1932, 76 is a recognized name in the oil trade. Workers traditionally find jobs that fuel vehicles and operate cash registers. As with most gas outlets, company stores offer a wide variety of products for customers to purchase, including potato chips, candies, spirits and soft drinks, as well as different octane types. Staff efficiently handle user inquiries and assist with searches for specific products to get individuals back on track on schedule. Formerly known as Union 76, the company remains a reliable source of employment for many Americans.
76 locations operate mainly in densely populated metropolitan areas. The high volume of traffic undertaken by the chain creates a stable business as drivers refuel cars and buy snacks. Employment seekers may find particularly abundant career opportunities with the fuel company in New York, California, Pennsylvania, and Hawaii. The brand, owned by the multinational energy company Phillips 66, continues its profitable operations in the United States.
76 Jobs and Pay Scales
Applicants must be at least 18 years old to find employment with the company. Through on-the-job training, employees become efficient and valuable members of service teams. Gas station jobs are generally available for part-time and full-time workers. Available positions in 76 include:
Customer Service Specialist
- Customer service workers, who pay about $8.75 an hour, handle most in-store functions at 76 stations.
- Workers, also called sales clerks, function as cashiers and stockists in the interior of the grocery store.
- Characteristic tasks include processing cash and debit card transactions, replenishing shelf items, and maintaining general cleanliness in the retail area.
- At stations that offer full-service options, customer service workers must also pump gas for customers, fill tires with air, and wash car windows.
- While the company prefers to hire candidates with previous work experience or a high school diploma, service partner positions remain readily available to entry-level candidates joining the workforce for the first time.
- Assistant managers oversee most of the routine operations at the 76 service stations.
- The leadership position includes training new employees in a fast-paced environment, making work schedules, helping difficult or disgruntled customers, and assisting with daily tasks during busy periods.
- Managers also uphold safety policies and maintain hazard-free work environments through disciplined and careful monitoring of day-to-day procedures.
- Pay rates for a full-time assistant principal are typically between $9.00 and $10.00 per hour.
Tips for Applying
During interviews, hiring managers normally ask questions about relevant work experience and plan flexibilities. The company prefers candidates with higher eligibility. Employees may be required to work regularly at night and on weekends, as some stores remain open 24 hours a day. The interview also serves as a way for the employer to determine if candidates have the friendly demeanor appropriate for their customer service environment. Smile and answer questions respectfully to show comfort in personal interactions.
Although some locations offer printable applications online, 76 generally require job seekers to submit their recruitment forms in person. Candidates should follow up the status of the application process by calling or visiting the store approximately one week after the application. Dedicated job seekers demonstrate continued interest and motivation and face higher chances of getting a job in the petrol retail company. Work-casual attire that applicants can wear while visiting the gas station to track submitted applications is generally acceptable.
Benefits of Working at Age 76
76 gas stations offer reasonable salary options and provide valuable work experience for new members of the workforce. During slower work periods, flexible break options are available for employees. Employees can expect to work reliable hours once schedules are set. Many locations also offer free refreshments to employees during work shifts. Full-time managers with tenure may be eligible for additional job benefits, which often include health insurance and 401(k) retirement plans.
More details on 76
The iconic Orange Ball logo, designed by advertising executive Ray Pedersen in 1962, remains visually synonymous with the 76. Styrofoam antenna covers with a miniature replica of the sphere serve as popular vehicle accessories. The item is also of historical value and featured prominently in the backdrops of several feature films until 2003, such as at Dodger’s Stadium in Los Angeles. Thanks to grassroots support, loyal fans of the Save The 76 Ball campaign successfully preserve the legacy of the symbol. Provide museum placement for many of the images and even cultural artifacts from the institutional redesign.